DoorDash - Delivery Driver Jobs - Now Hiring! in Chicago, IL
NO passengers. No bosses. Just you, your tunes, and the road. Sign up now and start making money! Choose your wheels and deliver food and other items from local merchants to hungry customers.
- Be your boss. Work when you want, wherever you want
- Work in the morning, at night, or any time in between
- Use any car, bike, scooter, motorcycle, or moped to deliver
- Start today and be your boss.
- Get on the road today.
Car, Motorcycle, and Moped Requirements
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid Driver's License and insurance
- 18+ years of age
- 1+ years of driving experience
- iPhone or Android smartphone
- 18+ years of age
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with local businesses. Customers order meals and other items from their favorite local merchants, and Dashers deliver them directly to their doors. Dashers are third-party contractors who work for merchants to customers. Dashers are paid on a per delivery basis, not per hour.
1) Can the DoorDash driver reserve a delivery?
No, being a DoorDash driver, you won’t be able to pre-claim deliveries for regular orders. However, you will be able to pre-claim large orders and deliveries. DoorDash driver types vary depending on your listing. For instance, if you are a full-time ‘New Drive Dasher,’ you will be able to pre-claim Drive orders from 8 pm every night. If you are a ‘Drive Early Access Dasher,’ you can pre-claim starting from 7 pm every night. Lastly, As a 'Preferred Dasher,' you will be able to accept DoorDash delivery from select merchants beginning at 6 pm.
2) How can I be qualified to become a full-time ‘Preferred Dasher’ or an ‘Early Access Dasher’?
To be a Preferred Dasher, you must:
- Provide excellent customer service to a merchant. The merchants usually invite preferred DoorDash drivers to pre-claim their deliveries by sending them an email. If the merchant likes your service, you will pre-claim the deliveries before any other dashers.
To be an Early Access Dasher, you must:
- Complete at least 4 DoorDash delivery.
- Maintain a 70% ‘On-time to store’ rating for your last 20 deliveries (You can do this when you arrive in the store to pick up the orders at the requested time and no more than 10 minutes early)
3) What if another DoorDash driver picked up my order?
Before contacting driver jobs support, double-check that you are at the correct location and are using the correct details. You can also talk to the restaurant staff and tell them the order details, customer’s location, and full name. If there has been a mistake, contact support, and you may receive a partial payment if another dasher has picked up your order.
4) What is the DoorDash delivery process for large orders?
Because of the value of a large delivery in driver jobs, you must provide excellent service to the merchant and customers. This way, you will be able to receive a high rating, you may become the merchant’s preferred DoorDash driver, and you may qualify for ‘Early Access Drive.’ You must:
- Bring a catering bag (Being a DoorDash driver, the bag is essential for transporting the order. You may bring your bag or purchase one from DoorDash)
- Make an excellent impression
- Arrive on time
- Double-check if the order is accurate
- Confirm your delivery 30 minutes before the requested pick-up time
5) What is the DoorDash delivery process?
Being a DoorDash driver can use the Dasher app to track your deliveries and orders. Whether you accept or reject a delivery depends on your decision. Follow the four steps mentioned below if you decide to complete a delivery:
- Arrive at the restaurant on time and pay attention to the restaurant-specific driver jobs instructions (you may use the Dasher app to navigate)
- Confirm your arrival and either pay with your Red Card or grab the food without paying (the app will advise you on what to do)
- Head to the customer’s address (consider any delivery instructions given by the customer and use the app to navigate) Confirm the delivery and look for other opportunities!
6) What if the customer is unavailable to pick up the DoorDash delivery?
Follow the steps below:
- Swipe arrived on the app to let the customer know you are there
- You may try calling or texting the customer directly
- Select customer unavailable in the app if you have tried the steps above and still haven’t received a response
- The app will show you a timer, and you must wait for the customer
- If the customer does not arrive, select leave the order on the app
- Leave the order in a safe space (with a doorman, at the front door, etc.) and document where you left the food (using a photo and description of the place)
7) Will I be eligible to make a pharmacy DoorDash delivery?
Yes. Being a DoorDash driver, you can make a pharmacy delivery. Pharmacies deliver prescription medications. Pharmacies should provide products in sealed, non-transparent packages. You must respect customer privacy and do not tamper with the products, as doing so will lead to the deactivation of your dasher status. Ensure that the pharmacy hands you a sealed and non-transparent package and remind them if they don’t. If you need more help, contact support.
8) How can I get more DoorDash delivery orders?
As a DoorDash driver, it may be difficult to get orders sometimes. The following tips can help you increase your delivery opportunities,
- The busiest areas which offer the most earning opportunities are marked red on your dasher maps. Check to see where you can find these.
- Red flame icons indicate hotspots. You can accept the most orders in these areas.
- Lunch and dinner rushes are usually the busiest times for driver jobs!
- Check out ‘Peak pay’ campaigns in busy areas in the ‘promotions’ section of the Dasher app, and you will be able to earn more money if you complete selected orders.